How to Change Password in your Forum Profille

Home Forums General Feedback How to Change Password in your Forum Profille

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Paul Sumpner 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Paul Sumpner
    Keymaster

A couple of people have struggled to change their forum password, so I thought I would quickly write a procedure to do this.

After you have registered and received your temporary email, log in to the forum and then you will see a screen like the one below with your username shown in the top right hand corner; username is Test in this example.

Forum Profile

Now you click on your Username and you will be taken to your Profile page shown below.

Edit Profile

Now click on the Edit link in the bottom left corner and you will be able to edit any of your profile settings and enter a new password.

tugadagio
    Participant

As already reported this is not working for me. As soon as I click on “Howdy, tugadagio” message is “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.”

indigo
    Participant

That is still not working. I get the “You do not have permissions…” message

Paul Sumpner
    Keymaster

I am on holiday at the moment, so I am sorry for the slow responses.

Please do not click on the Howdy indigo link as this is the default WordPress user account not the forum user profile which you access by clicking the Orange indigo link just above the log out button.

This is a quirk in WordPress and the forum package I am using and so far I have not found an easy way round this for a person like myself with limited website experience.

Regards
    Paul

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed