iKommunicate bricked after upgrading firmware

Home Forums Report a Bug or Issue iKommunicate bricked after upgrading firmware

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Paul Sumpner 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Trying to install my iKommunicate on my boat, and I am having the following problem:

1. Hooked the unit up to 12V, iKontact router and nothing else (no NMEA sources).
    2. Powered up, configured IP/wifi stuff, everything works fine and dandy.
    3. Went through the web download of new firmware via Administration page.
    – click “Check for new firmware” button
    – click on “Upload new firmware” button
    – wait for the download progress to get to 100% and the thing to say “reboot the device for new firmware to install”
    – hit the Reboot button in the web interface
    Expected device to reboot and keep working, but it didn’t.

4. Waited for at least three minutes, cycled the power. LEDs 1-7 (the ones on the MicroSD card side of the board flash a quick pattern, after that nothing ever happens (except Ethernet cable LEDs).
    5. Tried to install a new firmware image (the whole thing, not just .mdm) via MicroSD card – same behaviour.
    6. Tried to do a factory reset as per http://ikommunicate.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/How-to-Factory-Reset-an-iKommunicate.pdf – same behaviour.

Firmware version on the device before the attempted upgrade was Feb something, 2017.

What should I do next?

Paul Sumpner

Hi Red Herring,

Sorry to hear of your problem.

The good news is that you have LED activity, so we should be able to recover the situation (remotely).

I note that you have also emailed me directly, so I will reply to you via email.

Best regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed