Kindle ikommunicate app on Openplotter

Home Forums Apps and Services Kindle ikommunicate app on Openplotter

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Paul Sumpner 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

cepics
    Participant

Hi, is there a way to utilize your kindle app on Openplotter? I would like to display signalk instrument panel on a kindle touch… in Openplotter the address is 10.10.10.1:3000/@signalk/instrumentpanel. I’m not a developer

Thanks a lot

Paul Sumpner
    Keymaster

Hi, yes you can. We have released the Javascript source code of the Kindle App as open source, which you can get from here…

https://github.com/digitalyacht/ikommunicate/blob/master/Kindle_App_Example.zip

If you create a sub-folder in the Signalk folder on your Openplotter system and then unzip the files in to this sub-folder, renaming the iKommunicate-API-Kindle.html file to index.html, then when you go to 10.10.10.1:3000/signalk/kindle it should run the Kindle app. You might have to fiddle around with the URL the App tries to use to get the Signal K data, but it should be doable even by a non-developer (which also describes me).

I am sure there are developers on the OpenPlotter project that could help.

cepics
    Participant

this is the answer of op forum:

But I am afraid this app should be installed as a node-module to be executed in the node-server. We use node and I think ikomminikate uses another kind of server.

what do you think?

I don’t know nothing about node et signalk…..

How can I use your kindle app?

thanks…

Paul Sumpner
    Keymaster

I don’t think this is true, you should be able to copy the Kindle App manually in to the same folder as the Instrument Panel App and it will be served up just like any webpage. It is not a Node App, but a simple HTML5/CSS/JS app.

If you copy the Kindle files on to your PC’s desktop and then double click the HTML file, it will open and run on your PC’s browser without Node.

Best regards

PAUL

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed