Need password help

Home Forums General Feedback Need password help

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  quietco 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

quietco
    Participant

I updated the firmware on my unit to the most recent firmware (from the 6-2016 version that came on the unit). The upload showed it uploaded 100% but after I rebooted it, the blank (no password) and the “admin” password does not work?? I’m stuck, what do I do to get in to the administrator page?
    Thx
    Norm

Paul Sumpner
    Keymaster

Hi Norm,

You are the first person to report this issue and there is no reason why updating the firmware should affect the password.

What browser are you using ? Can you try clearing the cache, opening a new incognito window or trying another browser ?

Failing all of that, you can try resetting the iKommunicate but I really don’t think this should be necessary.

Please let me know how you get on and if you discover what is causing this.

Best regards
    PAUL

quietco
    Participant

Thanks I will and report back. Not back to boat till after their 17th.
    Norm

quietco
    Participant

Paul
    Im back at the boat and I tried to reset the unit as you suggested to reset the admin password. I followed the reset instructions and inserted the factoryreset.txt file in the micro-sd card and re-powered the unit. The lights flash but not from right to left nor right to left and when I try to log in to the admin page? The admin password still does not work. I then take the sd-card out and look at it on my laptop and the factoryreset.txt file is still in the root file. So Im stuck as to what to try next. I have done the above several times with the same non result. Help what to try next?

Thanks
    Norm

Paul Sumpner
    Keymaster

Hi Norm,

This is really odd and I think the only option open to us, is to try resetting the unit via a TelNet terminal. I have just created a new document that tells how to do this and you can download it from here…

http://ikommunicate.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/How-to-Factory-Reset-an-iKommunicate-via-Telnet.pdf

Please let me know how you get on, as I am really scratching my head over this one.

Best regards

PAUL

quietco
    Participant

Paul
    I downloaded the program you suggested and it connected but admin and tried all the passwords I use and none are recognized.

Please scratch you head a little more and help me find something else to try.

Thanks
    Norm

quietco
    Participant

Paul any suggestions? See my last post
    Thx
    Norm

Paul Sumpner
    Keymaster

Hi Norm,

If the factoryreset.txt method and the TelNet method do not work, then the only option is to send the unit back to us for repair.

I have never known the factoryreset.txt method to not work, are you sure that you have not got file extensions hidden and ended up with a file called factoryreset.txt.txt ?

If you go to Windows Explorer and look at the View tab of the Folder Options window, double check that the option “Hide Extensions for known file types” is un-ticked.

Best regards

PAUL

quietco
    Participant

Paul

Per your PDF on how to reset IKommunicate via telnet I again have followed the procedure word by word. I can connect to the IP address that is being used by the Signal K 192.168.1.4 ( to get to the admin page) and the telnet will connect and ask me to enter password, I enter admin then it says it cannot recognize the password I’ve also tried every password I can think of including “factory” and none of them work please let me know what you would suggest next?

Thanks

Norm

quietco
    Participant

Paul
    Any suggestions on my previous post?

Thx
    Norm

quietco
    Participant

The factory reset PDF assumes you have not reset the password. My problem is I dont know if the password I tried to change to actually worked. I have tried all the passwords I typiclly use on the boat but none work so perhaps I missed a key when I entered the new one and now Im stuck since I dont know my mistake. What am I missing?

Norm

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed