Upgrade to V2 firmware issues

Home Forums Report a Bug or Issue Upgrade to V2 firmware issues

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  signalkaus 3 days, 12 hours ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #357

    signalkaus
    Participant

    Hi,
    I’ve just upgraded to version 2.0 firmware and although the upgrade went smoothly, the load time for the new interface is in the order of minutes. Once it finally loads, if you select Admin, it again takes a few minutes to display the password prompt.

    I noticed on both instances of slow loading the page was trying to access a remote URL. “use.typekit.net…”
    Since my iKommunicate is on a local network without internet access this may be the reason for the slow loading. It’s not possible for me to easily put the iKommunicate onto a internet visible connection either.

    Anyone else got similar experiences since upgrading?

    Cheers
    Justin

    #362

    signalkaus
    Participant

    Has anyone else experienced this slow load time on the new v2 SD card firmware? I was hoping Paul would have replied by now to this.

    #386

    Paul Sumpner
    Keymaster

    Hi SignalKaus,

    Sorry for the delay in reply, for some reason I did not get a notification email from the Forum plugin about your post.

    Please could you confirm what browser you are using ? It does try to download a font, but it should quickly realise that there is no internet and use the substitute font. If you could send me your developer console output that would be great.

    Have not had any other reports, but it is still early in the season and perhaps other users have not been out sailing yet.

    Best regards
    PAUL

    #388

    signalkaus
    Participant

    Hi Paul,

    Thanks for the reply.

    I’ll get back to you soon with the details.

    Cheers

    #389

    signalkaus
    Participant

    Hi Paul,

    Ok well I’ve collated some data for a few devices accessing the iKommunicate, either loading the home page or loading the admin login page.

    Toshiba i5 running Windows 7 using Chrome : loading the admin login page from the home page took between 6.5sec and 12sec to load. (Resolving host was on the bottom of the screen while loading) This speed did not increase after loading multiple times.

    iPad Air running iOS 10 and Safari : loading the home page via direct IP not hostname: I gave up waiting after 10+mins. It was still attempting when I stopped trying.

    iPhone 5S running iOS10 and Chrome and Safari : loading the home page via direct IP : Again I gave up after 10+ mins of waiting.

    Iceweasel browser built into the Raspberry Pi OS : loading the homepage via IP : It did finally load but was about 5mins to get there.

    Cheers
    Justin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed