Upgrade to V2 firmware issues

Home Forums Report a Bug or Issue Upgrade to V2 firmware issues

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  editwiz59 5 days, 3 hours ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

signalkaus
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve just upgraded to version 2.0 firmware and although the upgrade went smoothly, the load time for the new interface is in the order of minutes. Once it finally loads, if you select Admin, it again takes a few minutes to display the password prompt.

I noticed on both instances of slow loading the page was trying to access a remote URL. “use.typekit.net…”
    Since my iKommunicate is on a local network without internet access this may be the reason for the slow loading. It’s not possible for me to easily put the iKommunicate onto a internet visible connection either.

Anyone else got similar experiences since upgrading?

Cheers
    Justin

signalkaus
    Participant

Has anyone else experienced this slow load time on the new v2 SD card firmware? I was hoping Paul would have replied by now to this.

Paul Sumpner
    Keymaster

Hi SignalKaus,

Sorry for the delay in reply, for some reason I did not get a notification email from the Forum plugin about your post.

Please could you confirm what browser you are using ? It does try to download a font, but it should quickly realise that there is no internet and use the substitute font. If you could send me your developer console output that would be great.

Have not had any other reports, but it is still early in the season and perhaps other users have not been out sailing yet.

Best regards
    PAUL

signalkaus
    Participant

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

I’ll get back to you soon with the details.

Cheers

signalkaus
    Participant

Hi Paul,

Ok well I’ve collated some data for a few devices accessing the iKommunicate, either loading the home page or loading the admin login page.

Toshiba i5 running Windows 7 using Chrome : loading the admin login page from the home page took between 6.5sec and 12sec to load. (Resolving host was on the bottom of the screen while loading) This speed did not increase after loading multiple times.

iPad Air running iOS 10 and Safari : loading the home page via direct IP not hostname: I gave up waiting after 10+mins. It was still attempting when I stopped trying.

iPhone 5S running iOS10 and Chrome and Safari : loading the home page via direct IP : Again I gave up after 10+ mins of waiting.

Iceweasel browser built into the Raspberry Pi OS : loading the homepage via IP : It did finally load but was about 5mins to get there.

Cheers
    Justin

Paul Sumpner
    Keymaster

Hi Justin,

Please could you try displaying the diagnostic statistics for your iKommunicate by going to this URL..

http://IP_Address/stats/v1/

This should give us some information about what is going on. You can also display a Syslog output but this is a bit more involved, for more info on the iKommunicate diagnostic tools, click here.

Best regards
    PAUL

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Paul Sumpner.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Paul Sumpner.

signalkaus
    Participant

editwiz59
    Participant

There may be a relationship with what I’m experiancing and this post.SignalK Instrument Gauges Hanging up on IE and Google Chrome. Web page is also slow to load. iKommunicate NEMA2000 LED blinks indicating its talking on the NEMA2000 network IE and Google Chrome Browser hangs. I have reloaded the latest firmware and still an issue.
    ikompass is also hanging up. This is happening on multiple Windows 10 hardware platforms. I’m also using different browsers and the issue is still happening. Any application for Gauges exibits the same issue. I have even swapped out my wireless router with a different one and issue still exist.

I was going to perform a reset how ever you may want to determine the failure mode and this may mask an issue.

Can you assist me please.

editwiz59
    Participant

I have a websocket file to post. Let me know how to get this to you?

• This reply was modified 5 days, 17 hours ago by  editwiz59.

editwiz59
    Participant

Another observation I made. When monitoring the SignalK Instrument panel heart beat indicator next to the “ON” button in the upper rigth hand corner, it will stop blinking intermitantly. The data being displayed stop and starts at the same time. At some point the heartbeat indicator stops altogether and I must perform a refresh on any of the browsers that I using to display the Instrument Panel.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed